CNY Walnut Biscuit ( Hup Toh Soh)
Adapted from Messy Witchen
90 g Flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
75 - 80 ml peanut oil
40 g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
40 g walnuts - roasted & coarsely ground
1 egg yolk - for egg wash
1) Sift flour, bicarbonate soda & baking powder . Set aside
2) In a mixing bowl combine peanut oil, sugar , salt & vanilla essence(optional) . Mix till salt dissolves .
3) Fold in flour & walnuts . Mix till it forms soft & pliable dough . Add a little bit of oil if the mixture would not bind .
4) Preheat oven to 170°C & greased baking pan
5) Divide dough into 10g portions & roll into about 2 cm diameter balls . Place the balls on prepared baking pan . Using the back of a teaspoon & press lightly the dough to flatten into a disc . Brush with egg wash & bake for 15 - 20 mins or till golden brown .
Linking this post to Cook & Celebrate : CNY 2016 event hosted by Bake For Happy Kids , Goody Foodies & The Domestic Goddess Wannabe .